7th Common Mistake Home Buyers Make
The seventh common mistake that most home buyers make is forgetting some of the final steps required in order to close the deal and move in without any extra stress.
When the closing is just around the corner, here’s what you need to do:
- Schedule movers
- Call utility companies to start service on the day of closing (gas/electric, water/sewer, trash/recycling, internet/TV/phone)
- Review the Closing Disclosure provided by your lender
- Get a cashier’s check or set up a wire transfer for amount due at closing
- Do a final walk through of your new home with your agent (Check on completion of sellers’ repairs & overall condition)
- Bring photo IDs for each person signing to the closing & bring the cashier’s check (if you’re not doing a wire transfer)
- Don’t forget to take the day off work, in case there is a delay or if you want to start moving in right away!
Although many of these things seem like common sense, it’s easy to forget something while you’re packing and making your final plans for the big move.
Moving can be very stressful, even if everything goes smoothly.
Check in with your agent frequently to make sure you’re not missing anything!